K P Wilton & Son Ltd is a family owned and run construction business established in 1954. The firm started work fundamentally as a plumbing and heating business which gradually developed into general building in the Bristol / Bath area. It rapidly established a strong reputation for reliability, fairness and quality with local clients.
Working from a garage in Ken's back garden in Hanham, the business grew in to a large concern within the local market place. The business outgrew the premises in the 80's so Ken purchased Brighton Place and moved the offices and yard to the location we are in today.
As the demands of building work continued to increase, there was a need to firmly establish the business as a building contractor and it was registered as a limited company in 1964. Further adjustments were made with the formation of K P Wilton Developments Ltd in 1969 (to consolidate in-house housing and industrial sites) and the purchase of Radstock-based builder Plummer & Hockey in 1997 (to promote a construction consolidation in the Bath, Somerset and Wiltshire areas).
Ken Wilton was an extremely well-respected man within the Bristol area, serving as a local councillor and magistrate for many years. He had a keen interest in supporting many local charities and businesses.
Ken's son Robert joined the business at an early age and gradually developed the skills to run the business during the 00's. Robert took complete control of the business upon Ken's death.